For the second consecutive year, President and Chief Creative Officer Grant Copeland and Vice President Alyssa Altman led a lively working session on how to position a biotech/healthtech startup brand for market success with the Yale University student-based incubator group, Helix.
The startup concepts were:
- eXeer: A startup using machine learning and stem cell technology to accelerate drug discovery
- Prostate Biopsy Device: A quiet prostate biopsy gun to help improve the patient experience during the procedure
- RecoverWe: An online platform for hyperlocal navigation of addiction recovery services
- Xavier: A group developing automated detection and communication of status updates during hospitalization
- Step-uHP: A medical scribe platform for pre-med students who are facing obstacles with entering the field
Grant and Alyssa provided recommendations and specific insights on how to develop proper branding, pitch materials, minimum viable products – and how to approach funding sources while still in the development phase.
"It was wonderful to work with this incubator group again,” Alyssa expressed. “Their concepts are exceptional – and their questions really got to the heart of why brands need a game plan, even in their earliest stages."